
Since we have moved into our home, we have been living with out a bunch of things that alot people normaly would have in their home. Of course this is noraml considering this is our first home and we only moved in about 6 months ago!:) But as time goes by we keep trying to add more to our home. It's taking time but we are slowly getting there.
For the last six months I had been checking out options for our Entertainment Center in our living room. I had a friend working on ideas to put a wood cabinet Entertainment Center in but the price for that was hitting alittle to high for what Chris and I really wanted to spend. It's just for a TV and we just don't care enough about our TV to spend grands on the unit it sits on. The wood unit would have looked really good but the price tag was just to high.
But a few weeks ago my mother was flipping through a house magazine (I have tons for ideas) and she came across a picture that gave her an idea. So, we both looked at the space and I drew up an idea that came to my mind that would fit the space we had.After that I had Chris call a friend of ours who is one of the main guys in our neigboorhood who is an overseer over homes being built and we asked him if he could give me a price to build my own. In less then a week he had everyone price it out and just this last Saturday he had the men come in a build it. The nice thing is..... he owns a BMW and asked Chris to do some work on his car in trade for our entertaiment center to be framed out. So now all we have to do is have the lighting put in and the drywaller come drywall. Our finishing cost will be under $500.00. What a blessing!
Here are a few pictures of what it looks like right now.
The out cove close to the fireplace(right side)is for our TV.(This is not the TV that will be there. We are looking to get a 37" or 42" flat screen....we are not into having a HUGE tv in your living room.... we would build a theater room for that) And to the left will be wood shelves for our DVD player, books, and picture Frames. Below will have Baskets for storage. (we are dropping the ledge six more inches down so the gap isn't so big)



Here's what part of our living room looks like right now.We will have this room painted soon(once I can pick the color), shutters put in, a nice sofa, coffee tables, laps, and everything eles it needs.

I was going threw some pictures and I saw these and thought I would post them!




No comments:
Post a Comment