Sunday, April 26, 2009

Overview


It's always nice to have someone take care of you but it's also nice to be in your home! We were ready to be on our way by the third day there. Little did we know we were coming home to a week filled with lots of problems. The first week home Brody got jaundice, which caused him to have a heart mur mur. Because of his jaundice we had to have him on under lights to clear it up. He had to be on them when he wasn't eating or being changed. That was very hard for me to deal with. All I wanted to do was hold my baby. On top of that we had to take him to the doctor for 8 days to have his foot drained of blood. Let me tell you, I never want to hear the sound of a stapler again. Everytime the clicked the button to prick him my heart just broke as he screamed in pain. Thankfully as children we don't remember these things. But as parents we always will. On top of all of this I had to make sure he was eating every 2 hours from when he started. This meant no sleep or life for me besides pumping, waking Brody with rattles and cold wash clothes, feeding, changing diapers, repeat. I did not sleep for over a week. I was so over tired, drained, and emotional. I had 3rd degree taring so this meant I was not only dealing with taking care of our new baby but dealing with pain from stitches and birth. It was a very hard week for me. I sobbed my eyes out. But by the 3rd week I started to feel a little better. No more lactation nurse in and out of my house, no more lights for Brody, no more pumping none stop, finally time to enjoy my beautiful baby boy! We are now going on five weeks and we are surely enjoy our beautiful gift from God. What a blessing his is in our lives. We couldn't imagine our life without him. It feels like he has been a part of us forever. We don't remember life without him. He is such a delight! Yes, we hardly sleep, we live our lives based on him but I can't think of anything better!

So, here are some pictures over the past month! I will try and post when I get a chance! I am finally figuring out Brodys cries and what he needs. We are kinda on a schedule so most days I get a 2 hour break maybe 2 times a day! So when I am not taking care of the house and cooking I will try and post! It might just be pictures though! :)


Car Ride Home.... Chris fell asleep!
/

Our handsome little guy!

Our wonderful neighbors decorated! My mom did too up in our room but she didn't have time to do all she wanted too! Thanks for trying Mom and thank you to Stef and Jimmy!


Me and My babe




















Easter... Brody Sleeping!

Brody wants his milk!


Brody knows his milk is coming!

Brody is happy now!

Brody's First Easter!


Allie Having Fun With Brody!












More updated pictures to come!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

he is beautiful vanessa...love the stroller!!! and the bassinet hehe im glad everything is better