Friday, March 7, 2008

Still Painting




Still painting.... We started Monday and we are still going. I have been blessed with some helpers through the week. My Mom and Allie came by twice to help out. Jim (our neighbor/friend) has also been helping out tremendously. Not only has he helped out everyday he also has made many runs to the paint store. Chris and I couldn't be more greatful for all their help. It has meant a lot to us and makes this whole experience memorable. We are hoping to get most of it done by Sunday and have the house put back together for Monday.... since it's my b-day!:) During this whole process we have decided to rent some scaffolding and put up our ceiling fan, so we will be doing that tomorrow. I also decided that the out cove by our door to the garage needed some help so I am having a dry waller come. Chris and I have to build an arch and then she is going to drywall it! We are pretty excited! I don't have a lot of time to type today but I wanted to post something to keep everyone updated.

A few updates.... We went to a performance at Allies school. It was with there choir. Allie did so well. I don't have pictures loaded up at the moment. It was black history month so they had African music and played drums. Really fun!

Next... Chris and I will be headed out to So Cal in May for his training. We just found out a few days ago. We both are looking forward to the beach!

And of course it's my birthday Monday so we are looking forward to that!

Now on to some pictures....


















We didn't do this on purpose!


One of the metal things isn't center.... in this picture.




After to much paint fumes....... :) Nah that's just Jimmy for ya...



In between all this painting I even made time to highlight Aarons hair.... it's been forever since I have highlighted it and figured he needed a new look!


We got rid of the Coat Closet and made ourselves a pantry... Didn't Chris do a great job!? We still need to buy stuff to organize it perfectly but it's good for now!


So this is a quick idea I did in photo shop..... This is what we want to do to the back door area so it will match the entertainment center. Now we have to make it and have the dry waller come! We are also going to switch out the light!


That's it for now.... It's now 11 @ night and we are ready for bed. We have to get up and get the fan installed and finish up whats left of the edging and painting!

2 comments:

Stefany Gess said...

Looking great, wow you guys have done a lot. Awesome help too! Hopefully you will be done in time to rest and enjoy your birthday. Hope to come take a peek soon.

Rachel said...

Can't wait until it is done. Happy birthday!!!