Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Life's Been Busy

*Warning, long post with lots of pictures*

For the last 3 weeks or so life has been very busy for Chris and I. I haven't really gotten the chance to sit down and blog or upload pictures. I'm sorry for falling behind and not keeping everyone updated! In between life being busy Chris has spent
the last 2 weekends working on a friends engine and I have been busy modeling. We haven't had a weekend off in the last 3 weeks to just chill out. This is why you haven't seen any pictures. Just not enough time in a day. I don't have time to write about everything we have done so I am going to give short tid bits along with pictures of what's been going on... I hope that will get everyone caught up!:)

A few weeks back when Allie was out of school we got to go on Lukes 1st stroller ride. We all had a very nice time.


Mr. Luke has grown up so fast... he's so big now!



And we got to see him smile!


Later that afternoon Allie got to visit Jim and race trains with him. (Which she loves to do)





Easter... came early this year and it kept us busy. Chris and I made 10 pounds of mashed potatoes and 3 different kinds. Regular, pepper, and Italian. they turned out great. We went down to my parents house for the normal easter egg hunt and dinner. Chris and I always hide eggs.


In the ealry morning I hide Carmel eggs and one Sliver egg so Chris had to go on an egg hunt. It was pretty funny!


I didn't get to see my Aunt for my b-day so she brought me this adorable gift on easter for my b-day! She even had wrapping paper to match it.

And then she brought us a bag full of goodies and surprises! So sweet!


We made Allie an Easter Basket... She loved it! Look how cute a Spring like she is.. adorable!

The Easter Egg Hunters



The Rules being stated before take off!









Easter Baskets from Debbie!

Two young hotties in the Kitchen!

The tables were set so nicely... Look how good Allie and Mom did!




The weekend after Easter Chris started work on Robs car.My mom's neighbor and family friends son said he has interest in working on cars like Chris so we offered him the opportunity to come over and be apart of it. Kevin did very well and Chris was extremely proud of him.Jim offered to help Chris out to get the job done faster so he came down and spent all day working on the car. He was a much needed help and great company. During the early morning I was on my way to a photo shoot downtown. Aaron, Erin and I were doing a business photo shoot for Miroslav. When we were done I returned home and hung around everyone working on the car. I don't like to leave Chris on our weekends so if that means me sitting around with him at least it's something!

The boys getting dirty





Now that's what you want to see coming out of an engine...haha. NOT!

That Saturday happened to be pretty windy and blew the oil everywhere so we spent hours cleaning up the drive way... so I guess you could say I helped. We spent more time on clean up then actual work.

Hanging out with Chris on his lunch/dinner break!


Allie and I having to much fun!



Chris spent hours that night trying to figure out what to do... the engine Rob got wasn't going to work. So he spent hours researching... Chris cleans up well after being under a car all day! I'm a lucky girl!


Here's a few photos from our business shoot!





During the week after this whole ordeal I spent designing for Jim's house and Lisa's house. I have been doing a lot of research to come up with ideas that fit them and what they want to see in their houses. I'm the kinda of designer who likes to see someones house be like them, not like me. It takes a lot more work and thought to make things unique but if you spend the time it will turn out a whole lot better in the end. So during the week Jim and I did a quick run to some furniture stores to get ideas on what he wanted. Lisa already has a theme in mind so that helps with what I need to look for where as Jim needed to look and see what he wanted for his home.

Me on a very fun chair!


Lisa wants a Scottish themed house. She loves castles and plaids. The thing is she also likes modern things. SO I am giving her a Scottish feel with a modern twist!

Here are some ideas I saw... so you have an idea of how I am decorating. We do have to do smaller scale because she lives in a condo but this gives and idea of where I am headed. I can't wait to see the end result!





Now for Jims house his TV is in his main living room. We don't care for it there because it seems to take over the living room and that's the last thing you wanted to do. A TV should not be your focal point in a living room. There is also really no place to put a TV unless you hanging it over the fireplace and Jim really doesn't want that look either. So with all that we have decided to make his loft a TV media, hanging out, work area. His office is in his room and needs to be moved out of there so we are planning space very closely. I got a program last week that would help give everyone a better visual before they buy furniture.

Here's a fast drawn up idea. The color scheme and pictures are not what it would look like at all... just an idea to get the feel for square footage!




So designing for them has taken up sometime. I am also putting together ideas for my parents home. We have come up with some really fun stuff. The way her house is decorated now is not anything what it will look like when we are done. I can't wait till when we can get started. So all of that should keep me busy for the weeks to come!

Beautiful Sunset during the week....



Once again the weekend came again and it was time to work on the truck once more. So Chris, Jim, and Rob spent all Saturday working on it. They were not able to finish it because things just weren't lining up which was a complete disappointment!



While they were cleaning up Rob saw this falcon dive past Chris and go into my parents garage. Not only did it start freaking out it brought a dead animal in it's mouth and dropped it.


Aarons friend went and picked up what the falcon dropped.

All the guys were trying to get him out of the garage and he was freaking out. I told them just to leave the poor bird alone. Finally they did and my mom went out and said "come on guy, it's ok you can come out, come on sweetie"... and he flew right out! What they spent 15min on took my mom 2 seconds. LOL!

Later that evening once everything was done we headed over to Debbies to See Nate for his b-day. His b-day was the 8th and his girlfrends was the 7th so they were celebrating over the weekend. Chris and I didn't have much time but we stopped by for a min.



After that we headed home to meet up with Miro because we had a photo shoot in the AM at our house! (Can you tell our lives have been none stop, go go go)

Getting set up that afternoon....

Check lighting

Getting ready to pose.....


We started shooting around 8:00 and didn't finish till 8:30 @ night. Chris and I were the main models and Aaron and Erin were in 3 other shoots. It was along and draining day. Hopefully something turned out after all those pictures. From sun up till sun down!

Well, that's been our life as of lately. It's been very busy for us and things don't look like they will be calming down anytime soon. This Saturday I am in a commercial for an energy drink along with Erin and her sister. SO I have to be gone by 7am Saturday. And Sunday is already getting filled up. Time flys when your staying busy and before we know it we will be out in Cali. Please keep us in your prayers. We are short on money to get Chris's blood run and we can't try for a baby until that is taken care of so we will have to see if a baby is in our near future or not. Moneys tight right now and we need to be smart. Hopefully by next week we will see some cash from all are hard work! That's about it for now!

2 comments:

Stefany Gess said...

I love all the pics, how crazy to see yourself in such a big ad. You are gorgeous as always. I will praying for you guys to get the blood work done. Hopefully we can hang out again soon. I love the pics of Luke. Thanks for those.

Rachel said...

Love the pics...you are famous :) we will be praying