Monday, June 30, 2008

Our Trip!

After a busy week we were finally on our way to Vegas....


Jim left us a sign....


On the road.....


We switched.......


Our view along the way....


Finally that night we made it to Vegas to see The Smitherman family!

The first time meeting Crystal Baby!

Chris couldn't get enough of Crystal.... While he was holding her he fell asleep. While they were sleeping Crystal would do that baby thing were they kinda jump in their sleep. Well every time she did, in Chris's sleep he would lightly pat her with his pointer finger. It was the cutest thing I had ever seen. He held her for hours until me and Robin were tired and wanted to go to bed which was like 3am. (Crystal is Robin and Cheynes Baby. Robin was my Matron of Honor)





We traded off feeding Crystal Baby!


Chris needed a hair cut and since Robin went to beauty school we asked if she could do it! She did a great job and gave him a fun hair cut!





Before we got on the road we took some pictures!


This picture was taken for fun! (as Robin puts it "The Lovers Adopted")


We were there for Saturday night and stayed until Sunday evening. After that we were on the road again... headed to Ontario for Chris's BMW training.





This is the Hotel we stayed at for 5 days for Chris training.... It was a nice time but we were ready for the ocean by the end of the week.

The pool I spent a lot of time at while we were there...

The Court yard...

Every night during the week they had a thing called Social Hour and they would set out appetizers and free beer. Most of the hotel is filled with guys from BMW, Mercedes and Porsche so it was a fun time to go hang out. After that we normally got dinner and went to the hot tub.

Just got back from the hot tub....


Eating In-N-Out as much as possible... gotta take it in while you can!


A special surprise.... we got a phone call and we were told to come to the front desk, Chris being a little worried asked me to go with.... when we walked in this is what was there... funny thing, the guy behind the counter was cracking up and said "did you have your wife come cause you thought you did something wrong". And Chris said "yea I was a little worried".



At the BMW training Center.....



Up the Road from our hotel was the old Route 66 so we took some pictures...




Friday we headed to Huntington Beach were my cousin Colleen lives. Colleen is my Dad's sister's daughter. We are far apart in age but that doesn't change anything between us being friends.

Saturday we went for a ride on my cousins beach cruisers. She lives off Main street which is like 3 min from the beach and is the main drag where everything goes on. We had an absolutely wonderful time while we were there.



After the ride we walked to the park with her dog Gus... Chris enjoyed playing soccer with him as well as he enjoyed Chris...


That night we road our bikes back down to the beach and got frozen yogurt with fresh strawberries and sat on the wall by the beach. It was amazing!




Sunday Colleen drove us to get lunch in Laguna Beach and then we went for a walk around town to show Chris what Laguna looked like. While I was there my cousin bought me a toe ring. When we get together we always go get some kind of jewelry together!





Chris and Gus hanging out in the bimmer!





The rest of the week we spent riding the beach cruisers to down main street, seeing old friends, and helping Colleen around the house, making wonderful dinners, and having a great time!





Butch and some of his family....Butch is my dads best friend from Grade school!







Chris helped Colleen out around the house... he worked on her car, fixed the fire pit so it would work and whatever else she needed he did.






And not to forget... tons of relaxing!







A series of pictures....











Saying Goodbye to Colleen, Gus Gus, and her beautiful home!


On our way back to Vegas.. this time to spend some time with the Smithermans!



We stopped by Tommy Burgers to rub it in for my brother. He loves this place. For those of you who aren't from Cali this place has been around for along time. The original one is close to USC and my dad grew up going there. Everything around it has changed but Tommys is still there. They did open a few other stores so we had to stop by this one on our way to vegas!



Down on the strip!











We had such a wonderful time. It wasn't to hot so that was nice. We stayed in Vegas for 3 days with them before returning home.

On our way home!


How stupid our we when we can't name a street!


The night we got home I ended up getting very very sick. The whole time I was in Vegas I was feeling very weird and I finally figured out why. I ended up throwing up all night. I got some virus. I was so sick I almost ended up in the hospital. I had lost all my fluids and my hands caved in, I was past dehydration which is extremely painful. Coming back and getting so sick really messed up me getting anything done. I was out for over a week. So I am so sorry for all the missed post i should have done. I had loads of laundry from the trip and lots of unpacking to get done. Life's been busy for us!

Flowers My mom and Jim got me while I was sick! I mixed them together!


*** I will be post when I can to get caught up so make sure to always scroll down to see if you miss anything new posted***

No comments: