Here's what it turned out like!






Chris helped a little but he mainly helped me with the laser level!:) I did pretty much all of the painting! Not to bad huh!? We did the strips from 12am till 3am!

To my surprise the strips turned out perfect. There was only a few little bleeds but nothing to bad. It was along process to get it that way but it turned out better then expected!

After Painting the room I knew we had to go ahead and redo the bed like we planned. We couldn't just stop there, the painted turned out to good! So My Aunt gave me advice so I decided to go with it.... what did I have to lose! We already hated what the bed looked like so it was worth a shot! We spent 3 or 4 days working on it. Taking it day by day.We wanted it to come out perfect if we could.Let's just say it was well worth it.We still need to collect bedding but for now we are just happy with what we could afford to get done! The bed was painted with two different spray paints. The first color was black with a hammered finish and the second was oil rubbed bronze! It's a wonderful color! (Thanks to Jim for sharing his garage with us)
I steel wooled the bed frame down with some help from Jim....

Chris Primed it.....

And we both painted it!For some extra drying we put it out in the sun! (We really wanted to bring the mattress down and lay in the bed....we thought it would make a great picture!) But we didn't do that!





Once the bed was done we had to rebuild the frame. Chris's mom (it use to be her bed) put it on these things to lift the bed and it totally warped the frame. So being the most wonderful handyman, Chris figured out how to re make a whole new frame. I'm amazed with how talented Chris is, we work so well together. I love to design and he can do almost anything I need. It works out great!

Ready for our bed to move up to our room!

We absolutely love it. It's kinda fun but not to much! You can't be disappointed when all we spent was 100.00 make a huge change. Of course we still need bedding and stuff but we are happy to be this far.


After we were done painting it was time for me to plant flowers!


In between all of this we also made a few trips to help Kyle find a Bike!

That's it on the house decorating for now! Once we make more progress I will post some more!
**I'm trying to post as much as I can so check below in case you missed anything.I have so many post to do still!



No comments:
Post a Comment