Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Allie's New Room

While I was busy being sick at my parents I was being productive too! Not only did we rearrange 4 rooms I also redid Allie's Room for Jr. High and beyond! Since I am changing the guest room into our babies room I had offered Allie my Ethan Allen Bedroom furniture. Over the first week I was there we got her new room finished. We also helped a friend move and a bunch of other things.... we stayed very busy!

Painting.... (I did the edge and they did the rest..don't worry I wore a mask so I
wouldn't breather in the fumes)


Allie helped paint and then after this wall color she wasn't allowed to see the rest! We left it for surprise!

Allie and I missing Chris!

Once Chris arrived home he got to work on her new fan... it wasn't working for awhile... it was a light outlet not meant for a fan and the beams didn't run so we could use a normal fan mount. We ended up buying tons of different options so we wouldn't have to make millions of trips to the store! It finally worked!


The paint guy who jumped into the paint!

Checking the strip for any touch up needed.... we finished the room for Allie by midnight so she could see it!

The designer of this project! (It was really late when this picture was taken)


And the finished product....








The cork boards were mirrors and I turned them into what you see now!


Her Picture section.... (the M is for Memories!)

Another angel of the bed!


Allie seeing her room for the first time! Can you tell she is excited!?



Chris and I also rigged everything by dimmers. She has rope lighting under the bed on a dimmer. Her bed side lamp is able to be dimmed from in bed. And her new fan is dim and controlled by remote! She is very blessed!

So we love her new room... do you!?

1 comment:

The Ruybalid's said...

I love it! You did a great job designing the room and putting it all together. It fits her personality perfectly. Allie is blessed to have family like you. You've inspired me to clean our room now. :)