Monday, January 26, 2009

Yummy!

As I was looking through my favorite cook books (Giada De Laurentiis) for what to make for dinner I came across these cupcakes. They looked so yummy and sounded wonderful so after a few days I couldn't stop thinking about them and I made them! I know a lot of you would be surprised, but I did actually eat them! (for those of you that don't know me as well.... I make stuff... maybe have one and give the rest away) But I ate a bunch of these... they were yummy. Brody liked them so I had too! I can't disappoint him!


Chris enjoyed them a little to much too. He thinks I should keep making more! :)


Don't worry I wouldn't share my wonderful cupcake pictures and not share the recipe to make them!

Mascarpone Mini Cupcakes with Strawberry Glaze

*Mascarpone is Italian cream cheese for those of you who didn't know!

Ingredients

* 8 ounces mascarpone cheese (about 1 cup), softened
* 2 egg whites
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* 1 box white cake mix
* 1 cup water
* 1/3 cup frozen strawberries, thawed and drained
* 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar

*I used more then 1/3 cup of strawberries... it's not enough to make the glaze. I also used a pastry brush to apply the glaze.

Directions

Special equipment: 4 mini muffin tins and 48 mini muffin paper cupcake liners

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line the mini tins with paper liners.

In a large bowl combine the mascarpone cheese, egg whites and vegetable oil. Using a hand mixer, beat the ingredients until combined and creamy. Add the cake mix and water and mix until smooth, about 3 minutes. Fill the mini cups to just below the rim and bake until puffed and golden, about 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool slightly in the tin then transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack.

Meanwhile, puree the strawberries in a blender or small food processor. Place the powdered sugar in a medium bowl. Pour in the strawberry puree and whisk until smooth. Top the cooled cupcakes with the strawberry glaze. Let the cupcakes sit for a few minutes for the glaze to firm up, then serve.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

The Ruybalid's said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe. They sound so good. Maybe I will have to make them for the next MOPS meeting I go to.