Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ode To Brody

This was written to Brody from my brother. I thought I would share it with you. I haven't had time to update due to lack of time and sickness. I am just trying to keep up before Brody comes. We don't have to much time left! :) I will post when I can!

This poem means the world to me and will be hung up in Brody's Room!


Ode To Brody



So it starts with a story,

As most tales often due,

About a guy and a girl,

And a little boy too.



Where does it begin?

And how does it go?

Are the questions that are asked,

About this unique traveling show.



So I’ll tell you a story,

Of a mom and a dad,

And why they are smiling,

And why they are glad.



For not long ago,

In fact right down the road,

This story begins,

Or at least I am told.



The tale start with a girl,

Who was a princess indeed,

But she didn’t trust guys,

So all suitors take heed!



But the guys all lined up,

But they couldn’t succeed,

And the girl got frustated,

That no man would lead.



Now, there was this guy,

Who has more oger then prince,

And the girl didn’t notice,

She barely caught a glimpse.



But this guy was humble,

And he worked day and night,

When he noticed the girl,

He soon saw the light.



That life without her,

Was no life at all,

So he picked up the phone,

And gave her a call.



At first she said “No!

You’re not for me,

I want a man,

That is clean to the tee.”



So the guy cleaned up his look,

Well, as best as he can,

And stopped being a boy,

And grew into a man.



So this humble guy,

Stayed friends for quite long,

While the critics all laughed,

He would prove them all wrong.



That Love is not lost,

In this culture of flight,

It is something to cherish,

And yes, it is worth the fight.



So the girl came around,

But she came around slow,

She went on some dates,

And love started to grow.



Weeks turned to months,

And months into a year,

Am Engagement soon followed,

And people started to cheer.



But this story is not over,

Yes, its far from being done,

There is a little more to tell,

And hearts to be won.



Their wedding day came,

And it is epic till this day,

For the couple gopt married,

On the shores of ole Monterey.



So from nothing to marriage,

That’s how it goes,

From working on cars,

To striking a pose.



And so the couple was happy,

But they were not yet fulfilled,

They were waiting for someone,

Who would give them great thrills.



I guess that’s what it takes,

For a life to be complete,

Is a place you call home,

And a scamper of feet.



So that is a love story,

In the most old fashioned way,

About a guy who is pure,

And the girl from the bay.



They met at the mountains,

Got married near sea,

But now they are looking,

And they are looking at me.



So Brody, my boy,

I tell you no lie,

It is love in your heart,

That will help you to fly.



And your parents they love you,

They love you so much,

So never harden your heart,

And have a soft touch.



But if you ever start to wonder,

How your life got this way,

Just remember these words,
From your old Uncle A.

No comments: