
Okay so I made a little room on my camera so I could take some pictures of the house. When we have had some free time we have been working on the house. Last weekend we went to Boulder to see Nathans (chris brother) new place.So,of course we got nothing done. But it was great to finally see where Nate lives now, since he graduated! Hopefully if we get time this weekend we will get some more stuff done. I am calling a lady (who I heard has good prices on blinds) this next week so hopefully we can get the shutters ordered for our living room and kitchen. Their extremely pricey so that's most likely all we will be ordering. And I also finally found a paint color that I like. It doesn't perfectly match the carpet but we will rip out the carpet when we have extra money to do so. That's been the plan since day 1! So I should be calling my friends dad who is a painter to see how much it will cost for him to paint all the high ceiling areas. We also will be looking at tile. We need to put a back splash in and tile the bathrooms. We would like to go with travertine tile. It is what we have on our fireplace if you haven't heard of it before. I guess it's getting to be more popular then granite in expensive homes. I have just always liked the natural and neutral look of it. We also have a ceiling fan we bought awhile back that needs to be installed in the living room. The problem is, it is SO freakin' high up. So, hopefully we will get some help with that and get that installed sometime soon. We are hoping to start working on putting shelfs up in our entertainment area. We will be making them. Which means I have to find a stain that matches the other wood colors in the house. But it will be nice to finally have that in so I can put up some pictures and it will help complete the look. I also need to fill in the plant shelf area above the TV. Still trying to figure what I want to go there.

The TV that's their isn't the TV that we plan on keeping there. Once we want to spend our extra money on a flat screen one we will. We would rather get other things done first. I tried that paint on the fascia part of the wall. I wanted to see how it looked downstairs. It looks better in person. For some reason it looks like it clashes with the fireplace tile.That's a camera for ya! Oh and a few weeks back Nate helped us install my surround sound. That's something else we got done!

Way up above the fireplace, as you can see! We bought 3 of those metal art things. We don't have a latter high enough to be able to hang them up. But we will get that done when we have it painted.So, that area will be finished! Oh yea and the back wall of the out cove and entertainment center is going to be painted a lighter color. Mix things up a little.It should look good once it's all done. Hopefully! :)
Awhile back I mentioned Chris installed the knobs in the kitchen... well this is what it looks like...
Nate helped Chris install the pulls. That was the worst part. Chris didn't mind the knobs but he dreaded installing the pulls. But with Nates help they got it done in no time!
As you can see Chris also had installed under cabinet lights awhile back. It will look awesome once we have the back splash done! Or at least we hope so!:)
The dining area...I got my ideas for that... I am so excited! It won't be so drab anymore. The picture makes it look worse then it is.. or at least I think so!

As you can see in the picture to the right, there's a chalk board and above that is a ledge. I want to put the chalk board in the middle and run shelving above to display pictures. I think it will make this area feel a little cozier! So that's the plan! I got lots of ordering to do! ( I had this idea awhile back and I kept telling Chris I wasn't sure if that would look stupid. Then I saw this picture in Pottery Barn and I was so excited to see that it actually looked good!)
On the way up stairs, it felt so blank so we bought these two things. I really like them. Once again, it looks better in person and once this area is painted, it should really pop out!

To the left side we will be putting in a wall of pictures! I can't wait! I have so many I would like to display. I think pictures make a house feel more like your home!
Upstairs in the loft area.... It's almost done. We have a few things to order. I am getting two book shelfs from Pottery Barn.

That will go to the right, behind the desk area.

This is what the Book Cases look like. We will be getting ours in white!
Well, for now that's it. Once I get some more time I will post our plans for the 1st floor bathroom. We got lots of ideas and work to do! Hope you have enjoyed the update on the house projects. It's about time I finally got around to telling everyone what we have been doing!
See..... I haven't been totally lazy this summer



1 comment:
Your house is sooo cute. I love it!!! You are right you have not been lazy at all this summer!!!
Post a Comment